Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Stepping out of my box...

Something awesome and scary and new and amazing is going to happen this weekend. That's what I keep telling myself. I am going away for the weekend on a ladies' retreat called Encounter with my church. It is literally a time to encounter God, and that's exciting stuff! I've never left my family for two nights; heck, I've never left them for one night. The control freak in me is freaking because I have NO IDEA what is going to happen this weekend. And I can't even take my cell phone. EEEEEKKKK!! I can do this. I have to. It's my time.

I was supposed to go on Encounter last year, but my papaw died two days before I was supposed to leave. I was disappointed, but I know it just wasn't my time. THIS is my time. I have been on a tremendous spiritual journey this past year (or two) and I feel like it's all been leading up to this time. This is it. God has been preparing me for such a time as this. "For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

So, though I have chewed off most of my nails and can't stop thinking about all the things Patrick might do (or forget to do) this weekend, I have got to LET GO and LET GOD. He only wants the best for me, and I know and accept that. He will take care of my husband and my girls this weekend. He will show me what He wants me to see. He will give me everything I need this weekend. I'm expecting great and marvelous things from Him. After all, that's what He's promised me. All things work together for my good. :)

Blessings,
Nakia

P.S. The puppy's name is going to be Diesel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment