Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My baby is reading!!

I've got one child doing complicated percentage problems and pre-algebra, one learning multiplication tables and cursive writing, and now my baby is READING! She read a few BOB books this morning while we all sat around the table and listened. I admit she's been ready for a while, but I haven't. I remember Anna reading those same books 6 years ago, and then Emma reading them just a few years ago, and now my baby girl is reading. She is so proud. And I am too. A few tears slipped out, of course, because I am a cry baby. LOL! This is one of those bittersweet parenting moments. I am so proud of her and happy, but it's another realization that I do not have a baby anymore. She is growing up quickly. Well, they all are actually. And that's just as it should be. They can't stay little forever.

I am so happy that I have never missed them reading their first words. I LOVE seeing those light bulb moments. Sharing these moments with them is priceless. It's not always easy, but it's always worth it! Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of homeschooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment