Sunday, October 30, 2011

And Nakia attends her first Mary Kay party...

So, last night I went to my first ever Mary Kay party. I didn't have high expectations, but it was actually a lot of fun. The Mary Kay consultant was very energetic, the guests were all funny, and there was Sangria, so I had a great time. I even learned a few things.

#1: I am braver than I thought! I actually took my make-up off in front of complete strangers and friends alike. That is a true test of my self-esteem right there! ;)

#2: There are a heck of a lot more steps to being beautiful than I ever imagined. I really didn't know there were 127 steps to cleaning your face and 149 steps to moisturizing and then 72 creams for day and 93 creams for night. That doesn't include the wrinkle reducers, fine line fillers, exfoliators, lip plumpers, eye droop stoppers, forehead lifters... I mean, heck, you can basically get a complete facelift in a bottle. (I'm really only kidding. There are only a few steps to a proper Mary Kay skin care regimen!)

#3: Make-up is funny. All you have to do is give someone the wrong shade of blush or even a little too much of the right shade, and you've basically got a circus right there. Always remember people should notice YOU not your make-up, ok?

#4: I do not know how to apply eyeliner. I didn't even try. I watched those sophisticated ladies apply it with ease, and I knew I was in way over my head!

#5: You can fall in love at first sight with a mascara. I am for real. I could not believe how my lashes looked after putting on the make-them-look-longer-and-fuller-and-more-amazing-than-you-realized-they-could-be mascara. I totally bought that stuff right up!

#6: You cannot dance in a dining area that is in a house where small children do not reside. In other words, if there is a beautiful china cabinet with beautiful china very close to you, and you get an urge to do a little dance, RESIST! Thankfully, nothing broke. WHEW! But I digress..

#7: I could never be an in-home sales consultant. I really admire people who can have parties and sell stuff. I've been to a lot of home parties, and they are always fun. Like I already said, our consultant was very energetic. She obviously loves and believes in the Mary Kay products. I wish I could get that excited about something other than a nap. :)

Anyway, if you get invited to a Mary Kay party, PLEASE GO! It could change your life! Or at least your lashes!

Happy Sunday,
Nakia

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Nakia! You are awesome! I had a great time, too, and am so glad you did. Pass along the good word. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ruth! You were great, and I know you'll have that pink Cadillac in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete